Thursday 23 May 2013

Salvotore's Salvation

A few months back I had a call from a friend who suggested I hot-foot it down to a nearby Salvos where she'd just seen a chair that she thought was right up my alley.
She was right - I found this poor old Grandfather chair (maybe an antique? not sure) in a very sad state of repair upholstery-wise, but perfect structurally.
He came home and after pondering for a while what his new image should be, I came up with this over-the-top, lush, mediaeval style. 
After refinishing the timber to a darker colour, and complete reupholstery - from the bare bones up - and even new shoes - he's finally finished.








Miss Snupeson finds it all a bit of a bore
























Salvotore is now looking for his new forever home (i.e.: for sale).
Price $1,650.00
Contact The Chairy Godmother (Kate) for more info.
raptups(at)me.com

No comments: